Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Where To Buy Weber 586002 Q 320 Portable Outdoor Gas Grill


I ordered this item on 10/27/09 using super saver shipping, and here it is 11/1/09 and it's still not yet shipped out!!! I would love to be able to rate this item by now but, it's impossible since I am still waiting for Amazon to fulfill my order on this item. I guess I'll know better next time to use their "Super Saver Shipping", it definitely doesn't save me anything. Hopefully I'll be able to get it before Thanksgiving at this rate...

Update:

Finally recieved this item on 11/4/09 and tried it out that night due to the packaging being damaged when it come in. Even so the unit itself doesn't seem to be damaged as it cooked rather well on it's first try. Used it to cook some NY Strips and potatoes. The grill fired right up, the light come in handy, (no batteries come with it for the light though, it does come with one in the starter.) The unit heated right up to 400º F right off the bat with it being 52º F outside and lowering the temp to about midways for both knobs, even reducing the temp to "LOW" for both knobs it maintained 350-375º F with the top down. I don't see grilling a turkey for thanksgiving on it but, it's definitely big enough to grill just about anything else you put on a grill for a family of about 4-5. I noticed the Q-120 has a way to store grilling tools under the trays, though they fold up instead of down like this unit does, I do wish they could have done something like that for this unit. Granted this units table must be more stable than the one that folds up, it would be nice to be able to have a place to store the tools with the unit with it covered somehow. Maybe a small basket across the front of the unit, to also hold things like a spray bottle, sauces, tools, etc. on it. One small gripe I have is that with the unit weighing in around 100 lbs, (with a 20 lb. tank of gas,) this unit doesn't have a sturdy handle to move it around with and the two stubs by the plastic table are rather short. Granted a lot of people will just put this in one place, cover it, and leave it there but, there are those of us who like to store our grills in the bad weather months and those two stubs on each side makes it kinda hard to move this grill around when you have to carry it up/down steps. Also, the directions could have used more words in them on how to put everything together, though the pictures were usable in most places, a few places you had to guess what it was trying to tell you.

All-In-All this seems to be a great little grill, though I am interested in how long this will last, even with the 5 year warranty that comes on it. Being Weber has been around a long time, (I can barely remember a time when they weren't around,) I don't look for them to fold up and go away anytime soon either, so I don't feel like I have gone wrong. I would rate this 4 ½ Stars if it were possible as I really believe this is a great grill even with my few small gripes above. (About the grill itself, not Amazon, I am still reserving judgement on them for the shipping fiasco. Taking a week to ship a product that was clearly in stock when I ordered it and stayed as such through the time it actually shipped out, when they require all their "Merchants" to ship within 2 days. Granted it was with "Super Saver Shipping" that shouldn't matter and the fact it doesn't mention that it would take longer to ship out in the "Fine Print", you have to actually dig around to find this information out that it takes longer than normal to ship out and that they define free shipping as "When you don't care when you get it as long as shipping is free". I seriously don't know anyone who doesn't care "WHEN" then receive a purchase after placing an order and this information I feel should be in the "Fine Print" or better still upfront.)Get more detail about Weber 586002 Q 320 Portable Outdoor Gas Grill.
 

Outdoor Cooking & Grills Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template