Monday, March 1, 2010

Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue SR8043 Smoking Wood Chips for Pork Get it now!


I think the person who gave this a bad review didn't understand the purpose of these chips. They are not intended to be a heat source or even a dry supplement to coals. They are intended to increase and enhance the smoke. To use them correctly, you soak a large handful for about 1/2 hour. Just as I'm putting my pork shoulder on the smoker, I sprinkle these on top and around the edges of my mesquite hardwood coal. In combination, they provide a fantastic, balanced smoke.

Keep in mind that pork (ribs or shoulder) only absorb smoke in the first 2-3 hours. There is no need as the other reviewer suggested to constantly add these chips. One large soaked handful combined with mesquite coal and/or hardwood chunks, another smaller handful an hour later to keep the smoke steady and you're fine. I use one box about every 4 times I slow-smoke.Get more detail about Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue SR8043 Smoking Wood Chips for Pork.
 

Outdoor Cooking & Grills Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template